Amgen Foundation Grants
The Amgen Foundation seeks to advance excellence in science education to inspire the next generation of innovators, and invest in strengthening communities where Amgen staff members live and work. The Amgen Foundation carefully considers each grant application it receives, seeking out diverse organizations whose philosophies, objectives and approaches align with the Foundation goals and mission.
The Foundation awards grants to local, regional, and international nonprofit organizations that are replicable, scalable and designed to have a lasting and meaningful effect in our communities. Grants should reflect Amgen's dedication to impacting lives in inspiring and innovative ways. Amgen Foundation grants range from $10,000 to multi-million dollar commitments.
The Amgen Foundation has established grant-making partnerships with qualified intermediary partners to manage donations to organizations chartered in Europe.
Each year, the Foundation receives hundreds of grant proposals. While it is not possible for every organization to receive funding, those that are in alignment with the Foundation's guidelines and programmatic vision outlined below are given careful consideration. We welcome your ideas.
The Foundation is committed to raising the value of science literacy on a national and local level. The areas given priority consideration within science education are:
- Teacher quality and professional development in math and science: Comprehensive programs that enhance the quality of math and science teachers entering the classroom, and support teachers with meaningful professional-development opportunities that have a positive impact on student achievement
- Pivotal hands-on science experience: Support programs that provide students and teachers with opportunities for hands-on, inquiry-based learning experiences that significantly impact students' excitement about science and scientific careers
The Foundation supports programs that align with our overall mission and priority-giving areas in the communities where Amgen has a presence. Currently, the Amgen Foundation makes Community Life grants in and around the following U.S. and Puerto Rico communities:
- Ventura and Los Angeles Counties, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Greater Boston Area, Middlesex and Suffolk Counties, MA
- Juncos, Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
Our focus is to fund programs that enhance civic engagement by supporting science and education based initiatives, environmental programs, social services, as well as culture and arts in an effort to strengthen and enrich our communities.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.