U.S. Non-Healthcare Donations and Sponsorships
Amgen Charitable Donations and Sponsorships are focused on humanitarian, social, education, and community programs that provide nation-wide support within the U.S. or directly serve these Amgen communities:
- Ventura County, California
- San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Greater Boston Area, Middlesex and Suffolk Counties, Massachusetts
- Juncos, Puerto Rico
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Wake County, North Carolina
- Columbus, Ohio
- Rhode Island
- Tampa, Florida
In addition, Amgen Charitable Donations and Sponsorships are made exclusively to organizations that are not members of the U.S. healthcare community, as support for charitable programs and fundraising events.
If you represent an organization that is a member of the U.S. healthcare community, please visit the U.S. Healthcare Donation page.
Please also note that nearly all Amgen Charitable Donation and Sponsorship charitable funding is made by invitation. Each year, we are able to consider and fulfill only a few unsolicited requests that deliver nation-wide support or directly serve Amgen communities. These requests are reviewed only periodically during the year.
Additionally, we are only able to consider the following types of organizations for donations and sponsorships:
- Nonprofit organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt public charities under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), (2), (3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Organizations qualified as a tax-exempt charitable organizations under section 1101.01(4) of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code, and
- U.S. based governmental organizations where the purpose of the funding is to support a charitable, educational, scientific or literary purpose.
As unsolicited donation requests are only reviewed periodically during the year, please complete the application process at least 3 months prior to the required funding date. Requests allowing less time than that will be reviewed at Amgen's discretion and a decision may not be made in time for the proposed request.
The online application will require you to provide the following information:
- Contact Information
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Organization Information
- Mission Statement
- Request Information
- Project Title
- Requested Amount
- Type of Support
- Primary Geography Served
- Proposed Use of Funds
- Letter demonstrating tax-exempt status