U.S. Healthcare Donations
Amgen completed its acquisition of Horizon Therapeutics plc on October 6, 2023.
To submit a request for Independent Medical Education or Donation support relating to Amgen’s areas of interest, please visit the Independent Medical Education Funding and Application page.
To submit a Medical Education Application relating to Horizon’s areas of interest, please visit the Horizon Grants Programs page.
Donations are a contribution, grant, or payment in cash or in kind, made by Amgen to a not-for-profit and/or tax exempt organization without expectation of something in return other than customary donor recognition of incidental value. Amgen may make only donations to Qualified Recipients as set forth in the Eligibility Criteria section, to further an educational, scientific or other charitable purpose.
As part of Amgen's mission to serve patients, Amgen makes donations to qualified members of the U.S. healthcare community for the following purposes:
- The support of science, technology, medicine, healthcare or education; or
- Education of the public on disease states, medical conditions, science or technology; or
- In furtherance of other genuine philanthropic and charitable purposes that are consistent with Amgen's scientific and disease-state interests.
Areas of Interest to Amgen
- Biomedical Data Sciences
- Biosimilars Education
- Biostatistical Sciences
- Discovery Research
- Epidemiological/ Observational Research
- Hematology/ Oncology
- Metabolic Diseases
- New modalities, cutting edge technologies
- Process Development
- Translational Research Areas (for example: Toxicology, Biomarkers, Process Science)
Types of donations that are supported by Amgen include, but are not limited to:
- Endowed Professorships
- Patient Education
- Non-Accredited Medical or Scientific Meetings/Conferences
It is important to note:
- Amgen commercial staff, including field staff, are not involved in decisions to fund healthcare donations.
- Amgen does not prohibit organizers from serving meals; however, Amgen's donation funds shall not be used to provide meals.
- At this time Amgen is not seeking funding opportunities for fundraisers or galas.
- Amgen will not accept tangible benefits (e.g. event tickets, program materials, exhibit booth space, etc.), other than required program recognition, for supported donation proposals. Proposals submitted with benefits included are at risk for rejection.
Overview of Healthcare Donation Funding Application Process
Amgen is dedicated to making the application process simple and straightforward. Amgen will send an email confirmation upon receipt of your application and documentation.
Requests should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the program start date. Amgen reserves the right to deny requests not submitted in that time frame. Amgen typically reviews requests in the quarter prior to when an event or project is scheduled to begin. Amgen will make every effort to provide a funding decision 60 days prior to the start date indicated on your application.
Healthcare Donation Application Requirements
Amgen's Healthcare donation funding application process includes:
- Completion of an online application ; and
- Attachment of the following required documents (in .pdf format) to the Application:
- Letter of Request Containing the Following:
- Detailed program description
- Program Title
- Statement indicating how Amgen's funds will be used
- Program start and end dates
- Amount requested from Amgen
- Check Payable to Name
- Complete Address, City, State, Zip, Payee Tax ID#
- Full Program Budget
- Meeting Agenda (if applicable)
- Current IRS W9 form (must be signed and dated within the last 12 months)
- Evidence of 501(c) Status from Nonprofit Explorer ProPublica
Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee you and/or your organization will receive a donation.