Amgen Board of Directors Code of Conduct
Amgen’s commitment to ethical and lawful business conduct is a fundamental shared value of our Board of Directors, management and employees and critical to the company’s success. Our standards for business conduct provide that we will uphold ethical and legal standards vigorously as we pursue our financial objectives, and that honesty and integrity will not be compromised by Amgen anywhere at any time. Consistent with these principles, Amgen’s Board has adopted this code of conduct (the “Board Code of Conduct”) as a guide to the high ethical and legal standards expected of its members. Violations of this Code of Conduct will be investigated at the direction of the Governance and Nominating Committee. Any waivers of this Board Code of Conduct must be approved and disclosed in accordance with any applicable rules or regulations of Nasdaq and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In performing their Board and Board Committee functions, our directors will:
- Act diligently, openly, honestly and in good faith.
- Provide leadership in advancing the company’s mission, aspiration, values and leadership attributes.
- Discharge their duties, as members of the Board and of any Board Committees on which they serve, in accordance with their good faith business judgment and in the best interests of the company and its shareholders.
- Become and remain familiar with Amgen’s business and the economic and competitive environment in which the company operates and understand Amgen’s principal business plans, strategies and objectives; operations results and financial condition; and relative marketplace position.
- Commit the time necessary to prepare for, attend (in person or telephonically, as appropriate) and actively participate in regular and special meetings of the Board and of the Board Committees on which they serve.
- Inform the Chairman of the Board and the Chairman of the Board’s Governance and Nominating Committee of changes in their employment, other board positions, relationships with other business, charitable, and governmental entities, and other events, circumstances or conditions that may interfere with their ability to perform their Board or Board Committee duties or impact the Board’s assessment of whether they meet the independence requirements of Nasdaq and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Not enter into, without the prior approval of the disinterested members of the Board, any transaction or relationship with Amgen in which they will have a financial or personal interest (either directly or indirectly, such as through a family member or other person or organization with which they are associated), or any transaction or situation which otherwise involves a conflict of interest.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all material non-public information about Amgen, its business and affairs and make no use of it other than for furtherance of Amgen’s interests.
- Abide by all applicable laws and regulations, Amgen’s Insider Trading Compliance Program and the Amgen Code of Conduct.
- Discuss with the Chairman of the Board’s Governance and Nominating Committee any questions or issues that may arise concerning compliance with this Board Code of Conduct.
Last reviewed October 24, 2017